- Competitors will be checked in and weighed.
- All suit bottoms must be V-shaped. No thongs are permitted.
- Suits worn by male competitors at the prejudging and finals must be plain in color with no fringe, wording, sparkle or fluorescents.
- Posing Suits worn by female competitors must be two-piece but may include a printed design with fringes, lace, sparkle or fluorescents that are in good taste.
- All Prejudging suits will be checked before stage entry.
- Competitors are not permitted to alter the fit of the posing suit by hiking it up in the back or by pulling up the sides during Front and Rear Lat Spreads.
- Posing music will be used at the Pre-judging and Finals.
- Posing music must be on a USB drive and must be the only files on the USB drive.
- Posing music must not contain vulgar lyrics. Competitors using music containing vulgar lyrics will be disqualified.
- During the Prejudging male and female competitors are not permitted to wear any jewelry onstage other than a wedding band. Decorative pieces in the hair are not permitted.
- During the Finals female competitors are permitted to wear earrings.
- No glasses, props or gum are permitted onstage.
- Any competitor doing the “Moon Pose” will be disqualified.
- Lying on the floor is prohibited.
- Bumping and shoving is prohibited. First and second persons involved will be disqualified.
- Competitors numbers will be worn on the left side of the suit bottom.
- The only people permitted in the backstage area are competitors, trainers (with a pass only), officials & news officials
- Any competitor who appears to be disoriented, light-headed or experiences undue cramping will not be permitted to compete.
- Any competitor disqualified for health reasons must be checked by the attending EMT and, if it is advised by the EMT, must go to the nearest hospital for evaluation.
- Competitors who refuse to be evaluated by the EMT or at the hospital will be suspended from competition for a period of one year from the date of the occurrence.
|Lightweight||up to and including 165 lbs|
|Middleweight||over 165 up to and including 187 lbs|
|Heavyweight||over 187 lbs|
Female Bodybuilding Weight Classes
|Lightweight||up to and including 125 lbs|
|Middleweight||over 125 lbs up to and including 140 lbs|
|Heavyweight||over 140 lbs|
THE PREJUDGING AND FINAL POSING ROUNDS FOR MALE AND FEMALE COMPETITORS
- Judges will score competitors according to balance of size, symmetry, muscularity and stage presence.
- Keep your feet flat
- Keep your heels together
- Hold your arms at your sides
- No twisting
- Your head must be facing the same direction as your feet.
- Begin when ready – no signal is necessary from the Head Judge.
- Maximum of 90 seconds with a warning when 10 seconds remain.
- You are not obligated to use all 90 seconds.
- Lying on the floor is not permitted.
- Front Double Bicep
- Front Lat Spread
- Side Chest
- Side Tricep
- Rear Double Bicep
- Rear Lat Spread
- Abdominals with one thigh
- NO Gymnastic Moves Are Allowed